Thursday, September 21, 2017

To Levi - The Hardest Job

August 3rd, 2017


I know I should be folding laundry right now. Or washing the insane pile of dishes. Or packing for the big move. In fact, there’s probably a billion other things I SHOULD be doing right now, and yet, I’m laying here watching you sleep, just trying to soak it all in. Your tiny hands, your tiny feet, your tiny, little snores.


You see if there’s one thing I’ve learned in the few short weeks you’ve been here on this earth it’s this; Motherhood is hard. Pregnancy is hard. Labor is hard. Sleep deprivation is hard. Trying to clean the house with a screaming, fussy baby is hard. But when you curl up in my arms and fall asleep, or you flash me that big, heart-melting smile, it’s all completely worth it. Every struggle, every tear, every hard day. You are worth it.


I heard a saying once that went something like this:

“Parenting, the days are long but the years are short.”


You see I'm beginning to realize that things are hard now, yes, but I know they won’t always be. And I know you won’t always be this little. Before I know it you’ll be all grown up and I’ll find myself missing the days when you were this small, when I could hold you in my arms.

So the chores can wait a little while longer. Because there will ALWAYS be laundry to fold and dishes to wash. But you will only be this little once, and so I’m going to enjoy every minute I can get.

3 comments:

  1. This is so true! My baby turned 21 yesterday! :) Take time for walks, looking at bugs, puddle jumping! They don't stay little forever.

    ReplyDelete